How much can you save?
On average local agents charge 1-1.5% including VAT
Whilst our Fee is 0.9% including VAT
Set Estate Agent Commission – 1.2%
Set your Selling Price – £1000000
Our extensive network, years of industry experience and detailed market knowledge make us the best local agent to help you find your new home or next investment. Whether you’re a first time buyer or professional landlord, we like to take our time in getting to know you so we can successfully guide you towards the best property the market has to offer that fulfils your individual requirements.
Our friendly and approachable team of experts are on hand to help with every step of your property purchase, from the initial property viewing and finding of your new home, to obtaining a mortgage and completing the final sale, ensuring that the process is as seamless and stress-free as possible. We also offer you support in the following areas due to the strong working relationships that we have developed with trusted property professionals over the years, including: RICS accredited chartered surveyors offering valuation and survey services
Independent solicitors specialising in property and experienced in the local property market In-house Mortgage Adviser who is able to offer free and impartial financial advice Post-purchase, our experienced lettings team is on hand to help homeowners ranging from first time landlords to experienced investors in renting out and managing property for both long and short term lets.
Please visit our Local Area Guides to read more about our core property focus areas, including details of transport links for both work and pleasure, local amenities and schools, open green spaces and the wider community.
Now more than ever, it is important to seek expert advice when arranging your finances. We see that everybody is different, which is why we recommend the services of a personal consultant to advise you on the best mortgage product. We work with specialist advisors who carefully assess your individual circumstances and help you to get the best possible mortgage.
Those tempting offers and headline rates can come with hidden extras or extended tie-ins that can be easily overlooked. Our advisors conduct an in-depth, ‘fact-find’ process with all clients to make sure they find the most suitable product for your needs. They also work with you to make sure you fully understand the small print including any terms and conditions, to make sure you steer clear of those hidden pitfalls.
Discover the Likely Costs
Money Saving Experts Mortgage Calculator*
Showing the cost per month & the total cost over the life of the mortgage, including fees & interest.**
* You will be re-directed to a 3rd party website.
** The information is computer-generated and relies on certain assumptions. It has only been designed to give a useful general indication of costs.
How to secure a sucessful sale…
Below is a guide on how to go about securing a sale on your property. If you wish to discuss any part of this in more detail then please do get in touch with one our expert agents.
How much is your home worth
- The first step is to find out how much your home is worth, for this we suggest asking local agents to provide you with a market valuation. Please be mindful, no agency can guarantee that your home will sell for the asking price, you will need to consider the local market conditions, discovering what similar properties to your own have sold for recently will help to manage your expectations.
- We know our market and the competitors, so we can tell you that you can be sure of varying market valuations, the highest price is not always the best agency to instruct. An expensive property, or one that has been over valued to gain your trust are less likely to be viewed by potential buyers, these buyers are extremely well educated on the saleability of properties. We value all our properties at a price to sell, this way we receive interest from multiple buyers, which can result in ‘sealed bids’, where it has been known for the sale price to be above the asking price.
- When selecting an agent base your decision on tangible facts, recommendation, affiliation to governing bodies eg (NAEA, TPO)
- ADD IN FREE ONLINE VALUTION
Who are the best estate agents
- There are so many factors that make up ‘the best agent you should avoid in believing the agent charging the lowest fee, or fixed online fees will be the right suit for your property. We advise that a high quality, knowledgeable and responsible agent are the key ingredients to finding your best agent.
- Look for an agent who uses Rightmove and Zoopla, these are the main portals for property searches. It is a little-known fact that an agent with a larger portfolio of properties to sell will have a wider pool of prospective buyers.
- An Estate Agents role is extremely varied, presentation is important but above all, trust is paramount. At Brinkley’s our ethos is for an honest open relationship right from the start.
Marketing your Property
- For a moment, be the potential buyer, go through your home and garden, with a buyer’s mindset, cast yourself back to when you bought a property. That way you will be sure to pick up on any defects or attention to detail that might need addressing before viewings start.
- Our trained experts will be able to guide you through what improvements your property might need. It could just be a lick of paint, tidying up in certain arears, or a simple de clutter to maximise the room space.
- We are happy to accompany all viewings, in fact, most times it is easier as buyers will open up to us more about their thoughts on your property. We feed this back to you, providing you with the relevant advice and guidance.
- At Brinkley’s, we are not all about quantity, we go the extra mile for the quality. So if there are multiple viewings booked in, don’t worry, it just means we are working harder to source the right purchaser for your propert
How long till you get an offer
- There is no way of knowing how much time it will take to get an offer, we have seen large amounts of our properties go under offer in a matter of weeks, some have been months. Always keep a figure in mind of what you would accept, remember to keep this realistic with the market conditions.
- Any offers that we receive (regardless of the amount) we will notify you immediately in writing and verbally, we may not suggest going with the first offer we receive, our advice is based on merit but it will be your decision on whether to accept it or not.
- Should a potential purchaser make an offer directly to you, please do speak with agent first– you employ them to negotiate on your behalf and this is one of the main areas where they can earn their keep! The offer
- Once you receive the offer that you are willing to accept your agent will then move onto the next steps, all will be offers are subject to survey and contract. Whilst you do not need to take your property off the market, it is advisable at this stage to do so
Finding the right solicitor
- This is another important step as the solicitor is one of the most important people in the sale process, they will carry out all the conveyancing and legal work. A key task is drawing up the contract for sale and releasing the requested details to the buyers solicitor
- If there is a chain, each party will have their own solicitor and it’s only the estate agent that call speak to all involved. Choosing the right agent can make the difference in ensuring the sale reaches completion
Valuation and Survey
- Once the valuation and survey have taken place – these both can flag up issues that the buyer might want to discuss before proceeding. Good advice from an experienced agent will help achieve the right outcome for you.
- When you have exchanged contracts, you become legally committed to the sale and so does the purchaser.
- A completion date is agreed between both parties, the buyers will hand over the deposit to their solicitor. Its now time to start planning your move, booking that removal van sooner rather than later, a good agent will be able to help you with this.
- At last the you are now at the end of the sale process, your solicitor and estate agent will both call you to confirm the sale has completed. At this point keys would need to be with your agent for them to hand over to the new buyers.