Tenants AdviceOur extensive network, years of industry experience and detailed market knowledge make us the best local agent to help you find your new home. Whether you’re a first-time tenant or you have rented before, we like to take our time in getting to know you so we can successfully guide you towards the best property the market has to offer that fulfils your individual requirements. Our friendly and approachable team believe that the process of renting property should be as smooth and straightforward as possible, with no hidden costs or unwelcome surprises. Our friendly, experienced team will be on hand to guide you all the way, from the initial search for your perfect rental property, to the day you pick up the keys to your new home. Independent solicitors specialising in property and experienced in the local property market In-house Mortgage Adviser who is able to offer free and impartial financial advice Post-purchase, our experienced lettings team is on hand to help homeowners ranging from first time landlords to experienced investors in renting out and managing property for both long and short term lets. Please visit our Local Area Guides to read more about our core property focus areas, including details of transport links for both work and pleasure, local amenities and schools, open green spaces and the wider community.
What do I need to consider when looking for my new home?
- First things first, it may be useful to work out what’s important to you when it comes to choosing a rental property. A large kitchen, bigger rooms, open planned living. Proximity to good schools? But try not to define your requirements too much as you made need to consider relaxing some parts of your requirements.
How do I get started?
- Now that you have decided what your property requirements are, its time to contact our dedicated expert team at Brinkleys. Call us anytime between 8:30am and 7pm to make an appointment with one of our expert negotiators, who will help you find that perfect rental property.
How do I go about viewing properties?
- Once our dedicated negotiator has taken your overall requirements they will put together a shortlist of all the properties that are most suited to you, you’ll be ready to start viewing. We work around your timeframe and if need be, we can collect you from the station, returning you back there.
What happens when I have found my perfect property?
- When you have found the perfect fit, your Negotiator will ask you to complete Applicant Declaration from and making the Advanced Payment. They will require this before your offer is put forward.
What happens when my offer is accepted.
- Our in-house Tenancy Progression team will be in touch with you, they are on hand to manage the entire move in process for you. As you can appreciate, we will need to run background checks on any prospective applicants, these references include, credit check, employment references, address history search, previous landlord references and bank validation checks.
So how do I pay?
- Once your reference has been accepted by our landlord you will be requested to pay the deposit, rent in advance and our fees, this is to be paid 5 days prior to your move in to allow sufficient time for the payment to clear.
- Your deposit will be held in a deposit protection scheme throughout the duration of your tenancy, allowing for a swift and efficient release of funds when the deposit is returned to you at the end of your contract.
What happens on my moving day?
- Prior to moving in, an inventory check will be made of all items in the property, and its general condition inspected. You will be asked to carefully check everything and agree that the contents and property condition are as they appear on the document. It is important that you do so, as this Inventory will later be used to check against any loss or damage at the end of your tenancy.
- On move in day, the inventory clerk ( if requested by the landlord) will meet you at the property to run through everything.
Inventory and Check inIf you wish to book in your own inventory, check in or check out. Please feel free to do so here.
BEFORE MOVE INThe below come into effect from the 1st June 2019 for all new tenancies. Tenancies signed before this date are still liable for previous fees as outlined in your contract a full breakdown of this can be requested from Brinkley’s
All fees include VAT at the prevailing rate, unless stated otherwise